FIND THE GOLD - 1849
FIND THE GOLD - 1969
Our Club's "Code of Ethics" was put together when the Club was
first founded in April of 1966 and we are flattered to say that it has been copied by many
clubs sharing our hobby.
Please help us to maintain a good image for all who enjoy our sport, lest local and
national governments completely restrict our hobby!
The Prospector's Club
of Southern California
CODE OF ETHICS:
1) Leave the land
and vegetation as it was. Fill in all holes you make.
2) Observe all existing laws, whether national, state or local.
3) Don't destroy, damage or deface public or private property or what's left of
Ghost Towns or deserted structures.
4) Don't leave litter lying around after you leave.
5) Respect the rights and property of others and observe posted areas.
6) Always conduct yourself in a manner that is courteous and polite with
consideration for others.
- REMEMBER -
All of us Prospectors, and metal detectorists
may be judged by the example YOU set!